Thursday, May 2, 2019

Triptych - Spring is Here

























Name:Spring is Here
Medium: Acrylic on MDF board
Description:
     Behind my house is a rose bush, older than me. Every year it returns growing wildly blooming in every direction, winding its way up the fence. This bush has survived being cut, mowed and over twenty five winters, refusing to die. Its vibrant colors and expansive growth has come to represent the time winter turns to spring for me as without fail it returns at the same time every year even after wilting away in the winter cold.

     This triptych was a large project for myself done in a short amount of time(about a week). The process started by cutting down some MDF boards to consistent sizes for the three pieces. Next the background was done with a mixture of Floetrol, water, and house paint in a acrylic pour which created the "wooden" looking background, emulating pattern on the fence that grows behind the rose bush. From there the plant was painted with traditional acrylic paints. Blending colors already on the canvas was a skill I consider myself weak at and I feel I got a good amount of practice doing that on this piece and I feel satisfied with the outcome when compared to work I did earlier this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment