Thursday, May 2, 2019

My Story Project


Name: Roads and Decisions
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Description:
     This piece is just traditional acrylic paints on a standard stretched canvas. Originally a rough sketch was drawn and then reprinted onto the canvas to create a rough guide for painting.

     This one was created under the prompt of telling something about your self/life within the painting. Two paths are presented, one obscured, the other that leads to another crossroad which are both obscured from sight hiding their true end points.  I went with a series of cross roads because through out my life I have suffered from indecisiveness from what I wanted to do in life, especially as a teenager. While I have gotten better at picking a choice and seeing it through, questions like "what do you want to be when you grow up?" were some of the hardest I was asked as a kid/teen because I had no idea and felt directionless for the longest time.

     This one was more difficult in many regards than the previously done portrait. While both pieces had me redoing parts as I felt I mixed paints poorly to create colors, I felt that even stronger here with the abundance of greens that I tried to use. When I initially started this one, my selection of colors were more limited I as didn't have any vibrant yellows or greens to blend which led to the first colors on the piece to be very subdued. As my color library expanded I learned that greens can be a REAL pain to mix into a color you want.Ultimately I wasn't very satisfied with my blending on this piece as I was really inexperienced at it at the time and I feel it shows quite obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment